Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Notre Dame

I can't even begin to describe how cool this thing is. By far the best sight I've seen in Paris. I will put pics up as soon as I can. And the surrounding area of the city is exactly the "Paris" that I had hoped for. Got some good pics of the cathederal and then headed west to some parks, but didn't find much. So now I'm back near the cathederal just waiting for the sun to go down so I can see Paris at night, and then have some wicked dinner and go back to the hotel and pass out.

---

It finally hit me today, Paris did. And it was pretty cool. I had just arrived at Notre Dame and taken my first few pictures when it began to rain. So I ducked into a cafe across the street and had some hot wine. The bells rang a few times as I drank. After the rain had stopped I went back outside to see the cathederal again and it was just beautiful. I walked along the Seine as the sun broke through the clouds, wandered over a bridge and back along the river next to the cathederal. The bells sounded off again and I went and bought a sandwich nearby and ate it outside in the front courtyard. I went back across the river to a nice restaurant and the bartender mixed me up a nice potion which I drank cheerfully before heading west to see what else was around.

Now, I find myself back at Notre Dame, waiting patiently for the sun to set so I can see the "City of Lights" before scaring up some dinner and heading back to the hotel.

---

Will try to put some pics up back at Joels. Damn I have a bunch of Paris postcards to send out, too. Hope all is well back in the States. Be back in a couple days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keyboard my "toushe" that's french for butt...you probably were hitting that wine again!!! Love your blog...keep it coming!!! Can't wait to see the pics, isn't Europe fantastic? Hugs to you, Nora, Jim and boys...

Anonymous said...

JA-RoDD,

Glad to hear everything is going well. Finally got caught up reading your blog (was in San Francisco over the weekend). Enjoy it, man. Every freakin' second. Every once in awhile just stop and try to take everything in... sounds, smells, sights, tastes... the whole shebang. You'd be amazed at the things you'll discover!