Sunday, January 20, 2008

In Paris

The TGV ride was pretty cool. One of the crew told me that we were going around 275 kph (170 mph). It was really neat to see the landscape rush by that quickly.

So after the train got to the station, I hopped off and walked to my hotel a couple miles away, which is next to my departing train station for Wednesday. Unfortunatey, it's in a less-than-nice area of the city as far as I can tell. The hotel itself is okay, but the one in Dijon was much nicer.

Heading out now to get some water for the room and try and figure out how to get a metro pass in order to see some sites tomorrow. I think I'll hit the obvious places and get some food and just walk around a bunch before leaving on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should check out the boats! Okay - so maybe it's a bit cold for that - but if they are running - you should jump around on those :)