Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nothing at the library, dammit.

Unfortunately, there are no old hotel registers being kept in the town archives here. I guess that part of my journey is lost to history, save for the few lines in my great-grandfather's journal. All in all, though, it was still worth it, coming to this town. I got to stay in the same hotel as he did, and I got to see the type of french town I want to avoid for the rest of this trip LOL. I'm just looking for a place more relaxing. This place is too urban for such an unremarkable town.

Oh, I'm not headed to Bordeaux next, as it would seem that the only two points between which you cannot travel in France is Aix-les-Bains and Bordeaux. Hmm... there may be a reason for that, come to think of it.

Anyhow, I have resigned to give Dijon a chance at satisfying my need for relaxation and calm countryside. It is half way to Paris from here (which is where I catch my train back to Germany) so there will be no doubling back or long side-trips. I've been told by someone well-traveled that Dijon will have just what I am looking for, and so I have high hopes for it.

And if it doesn't, then I'm steaming right through Paris and into London, towards points irish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaa, man I cracked up with this one! "Sorry, all out of sandwiches."