Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pop Pop's War Diary



Thanksgiving was great in NJ. I brought my great grandfather's WWI war diary home with me so that I can take some notes about where he was in France while he was in the 104th Army Engineers. Already found out that he was at the battle of Verdun and helped make many roads there for the allies. Will go over it in more detail and hopefully find some of the exact places he was 90 years ago and then visit them when I'm there. It has also further inspired me to keep a written journal of my own during the trip. I will, of course, use this blog to post many things during my days in Europe, but a real journal should be where I write everything first.

1 comment:

StriveToTry said...

I like this. Keep up the posts. Trust me, even on myspace, I never really encouraged comments, but I had over 10K views after a year. It happens, man.